February 11, 2010

Adventures in Fashionland

My first New York Fashion Week got off to a shaky start when the news of Alexander McQueen's death broke in our office this morning. And, as always happens in times of crisis, our Getty Images subscription had lapsed the day before.

Later in the day, I went over to the Vena Cava show at Milk Studios, and I spotted Bryanboy wearing space-age style sunglasses and smoking a cigarette. Right before I passed him, he screamed, "Tommy!" So, naturally, I looked over and spotted Tommy Ton standing right next to me, camera in hand. They hugged, and Bryanboy said, "Did you see Vogue?" in reference to the March 2010 Power Issue, which named Bryanboy and Tommy Ton as two of the most influential fashion bloggers in the world. Of course. I had forgotten that I was living in surreal fashion world this week.

We ended up missing the Vena Cava show, but we got our Getty Images back up before the end of the day. So you win some, you lose some. I'm just looking forward to more adventures in fashionland tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails