January 25, 2012

Timer

My friend Stephanie has been telling me to watch this movie for about a year, and I'm not even sure how I happened to stumble across it on Netflix tonight (maybe it was just the right time). But I need more people to watch it so we can discuss!

The premise is this: Scientists have invented a timer that goes off once you meet your soul mate. Both parties must be in possession of said timer or you never know if you've met "the one." The main character – who has a timer that's never started counting down – is looking for a nice gentleman who isn't wearing his timer yet. In the meantime, she ends up meeting a wildcard romantic who could be an imperfectly perfect match.

Of course, it brings up a lot of questions like, would you want to know when you'll meet your soul mate and give up on the journey? Or do you just go with your gut and take a leap with the one you love?

I was slightly upset with the end, but I suppose it's better to be left pondering a movie rather than dismiss it as boring and predictable. So when you have the time, watch it and let me know what you think.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails