March 22, 2011

Everyone's a Critic

Netflix was just down for at least 2 hours, and I almost died of boredom. Apparently, I watch movies on the internet ALL THE TIME. (I caught up on blog reading, if you're curious about how I spent that time.) Last weekend I watched three movies in one day (plus a couple TV shows). That has to be a record for me.

Here's how I viewed them (ha!):

The Lincoln Lawyer
Fast-paced courtroom drama featuring a lawyer who knows how to work the means streets of L.A. The plot was somewhat predictable, but it had enough surprises (and good actors) that I was completely entertained. The audience at AMC 34th St. left something to be desired (two snorers and women expressing their fear during tense scenes).
Letter Grade: B+


 Inception
I know, I know – everyone already saw this in theaters millions of years ago. But I refused to see it at the time (hype annoys me), and I swore it would be the perfect at-home movie. Well, I was right! Our TV measures up at 30-something inches, so I wasn't overwhelmed by any special effects or booming sound editing. I focused on the storyline, and it was pretty interesting (apart from the whole dead wife thing). Usually I do other things when I watch movies (read magazines, blog), but this one really held my attention.
Letter Grade: A-


The Buck List
This movie got terrible reviews, and I can see why. But on the other hand, I knew what I was getting into, and I actually enjoyed it. My favorite part was Jack Nicholson commenting on Morgan Freeman's freckles. It was cute. Old-person cute. And I love old people.
Letter Grade: B

2 comments:

Erica said...

omg, i just wrote about watching netflix movies at home, too! btw, i always loved that 34th st. AMC. nice and big and suburia-esque, which is what i consider ideal movie watching conditions for hollywood blockbusters. minus the noisy crowd.

Jennifer Jackson said...

it was so funny - i read your blog post about fraiser on netflix, but just that day i had read that netflix is working out a deal for licensing and fraiser was part of it! hahaha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails